Bake a tender and juicy whole chicken to perfection in a crockpot! Just stuff the whole chicken with lemon, place on top of cut onions, rub the exterior with Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano and turn it on!
Suggestion: Cut sweet potatoes into large pieces and scatter around the chicken for a complete meal.
1 2–3-lb. Whole Chicken
1 Large Onion, cut into quarters
1 Lemon, cut in half
¾ cup Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano
2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. Rinse the chicken inside and out and remove any giblets. Pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Place the onion inside the slow cooker in the center.
3. Stuff the chicken with the lemon halves and rub the outside of the chicken with Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Place the chicken on top of the onion, cover and set the slow cooker to high.
5. After 1 hour, change the temperature to low and cook for about 8 ½ hours and serve.