1 cup Mama Francesca Parmesan & Romano, divided
12 Corn husks
3 cups Prepared masa
1 cup Chopped cilantro
6 oz. Roasted green chilies, diced
2 cups Shredded Mexican cheese
- Place the husks in a large bowl and submerge completely in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the masa with the chopped cilantro and ½ cup Mama Francesca Parmesan & Romano.
- In a separate bowl, mix the green chilies with the additional ½ cup of Mama Francesca Parmesan & Romano and the shredded Mexican cheese.
- Lay the husks flat and spread about 2 tablespoons of the masa dough in an even layer across the wide end of the husk, leaving ½ inch around the edges. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chili and cheese mixture in a line down the center of the dough. Roll the husk so the dough surrounds the filling; then fold the bottom under to finish, creating the tamale. Repeat until all dough, filling and husks are used. Tie the tamales with a torn piece of husk.
- Steam tamales in a tabletop steamer for 1 hour.
- Remove from corn husks and serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.