½ cup Mama Francesca Parmesan, Asiago & Romano
1 Whole Baking Pumpkin, approximately 4–5 lbs.
2 Tbsp. Butter, divided
½ cup Onions, sliced and caramelized
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 cup Chicken Stock
½ cup Heavy Cream
2 oz. Goat Cheese
1 tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut a lid on the top of the pumpkin and remove. Scrape out the seeds and fibers and season the inside with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. of butter. Spray the outside of the pumpkin with pan spray, place in a large dish and bake for 1½ hours.
- Place the remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter, apples, onions, chicken stock and heavy cream inside the pumpkin and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Scrape out the insides of the pumpkin, being careful to keep the shell intact, and pour the mixture into a blender with the Mama Francesca Parmesan, Asiago & Romano and goat cheese. Puree to soup consistency.
- Return soup to the pumpkin and add the fresh thyme.
- Serve hot.