1/3 cup Mama Francesca Parmesan & Red Pepper
1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Sweet onion, diced
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
20 oz. Frozen spinach, thawed
1/3 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup Heavy cream
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg, grated
1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
1 Lemon (zest only)
2 sticks Butter, melted
1 pkg. Filo dough, thawed in refrigerator over night
¼ cup Vegetable Oil, for frying
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic to pan, sautéing for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan, cook 3 more minutes to remove moisture.
- Add cheeses, heavy cream, nutmeg and lemon zest, folding together, remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- To assemble spinach pies: lay out 1 sheet of filo dough and brush entire sheet with butter. Add another sheet and repeat, finally add a third sheet of filo and brush with butter.
- Cut filo stack in half, long ways and pull halves apart.
- Place 1 ½- 2 tablespoons of mixture in a pile at the bottom of each piece of filo stack.
- Take the bottom left corner of filo and fold up and to the right, so a triangle forms, sealing in spinach mixture.
- Flip triangle straight up and then over into a triangle again until entire sheet is wrapped around and formed into a triangle, set aside with a second moistened towel over them, until ready to fry.
- Repeat process, until all spinach mixture is used.
- To cook, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, cooking 2-4 at a time, flipping after browned on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.