1 cup Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano
1 2- to 3-lb. Acorn Squash
2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt, divided
1 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper, divided
1 tsp. Cinnamon, divided
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 cups Diced Apple
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
4 cups Cooked Quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and season with half of the salt, half of the pepper and half of the cinnamon. Place a tablespoon of butter in each half and roast, cut side up, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Sauté the diced apple in honey and olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Mix the quinoa and cooked apple with the Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano and remaining salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Remove the acorn squash from the oven and fill with the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle on a little extra Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano and return the squash to the oven to warm the filling.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve immediately. Enjoy!