2 cups Mama Francesca Parmesan & Garlic
1 large Sweet onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
4 cups All-purpose flour
4 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Black pepper
2 cups Heavy cream, very cold
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over low heat, add onion and salt; sauté until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder, and Mama Francesca Parmesan & Garlic.
- Stir in caramelized onions.
- Gradually add cream, stirring until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface, divide dough in half; sprinkle lightly with flour, if sticky.
- Pat each half into 3/4-inch-thick round.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges or cut with a biscuit cutter to desired size.
- Transfer wedges to large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, leaving 1” between each.
- Bake scones, turning halfway through baking time, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer scones to rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.