¾ cup Mama Francesca Parmesan, Basil & Oregano
1 cup Arborio rice
¼ cup Sweet onion, diced
1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup Chardonnay
4 cups Vegetable broth
4 oz. Mushrooms, such as button, shiitake and oyster, sliced
½ cup Taleggio cheese
- In a small saucepan, keep vegetable broth warm.
- In a sauté pan or saucepot, over medium heat, place Arborio rice to toast, about 1 minute, shaking pan.
- Add onion and oil to rice and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add wine to pan and let reduce, about 3 minutes
- Add vegetable broth, about a ½ cup at a time, stirring, and letting each broth addition reduce out, continue for 20- 25 minutes, or until rice is tender, but firm.
- While cooking rice, heat a nonstick sauté pan and heat over medium- high heat.
- Place mushrooms in the dry, hot pan and cook, while shaking to prevent burning, for about 1 minute.
- When rice is 90% complete, add cheeses and roasted mushrooms to rice and continue stirring until melted.
- Serve immediately.